Virtual Geological Field Trip
Instructors: J. Lamarche, J. Borgomano, M. Rizza, F. Civet
This training course corresponds to a virtual field trip through the Virtuafield software. VirtuaField is a VR software enabling students to practice field trip.
A virtual field trip is proposed from numerical outcrops at different scales. The virtual geological and geomorphological excursion addresses sedimentological (carbonates) and structural (fractures/faults) observations as well as fault activity and seismic risks.
The course sessions include two case studies:
- Another trip in the fractured carbonates : located at La Fare les Oliviers (South-East, France).
- Active faulting on the Monte Vettore : located at Monte Vettore (Italy).
The Virtuafield software can be used with either:
- a VR headset for a full immersion view;
- a keyboard and a mouse for a screen view.
The experience will be the same, except for the 3D immersion.
The registration includes:
- 3 month license for Virtuafield
- Access to the shortcourse platform
- Access to software and virtual scene
- Geological field trip contents
- PC station with Windows 10
- keyboards/mouse for non-VR user
- wired headset for VR user