Guidelines for abstract preparation and submission
Please submit your abstract (350-500 words, plus illustrative figure(s), fitting on max 2 pages A4) formatted according to the mandatory template document. Accepted abstracts will be compiled into a proceedings volume and distributed to delegates. Please observe the following points when preparing your abstract:
- Before submitting an abstract, you must create a conference registration account.
- Use the template document provided to ensure consistent formatting, and compile your abstract with title, author(s), author affiliation(s), keywords and abstract body.
- Abstract text should be 350-500 words in length and may include 1-2 representative figures to illustrate your submission. Max two A4 pages.
- All co-authors should be included in the abstract text. The author/coauthor submitting the abstract must register for the conference.
- Upload your file (docx or doc) in the abstract submission dashboard.
- Select your preference for Oral or Poster.
- Select the main session (Methods developments, Data Analysis and Geomodelling or Application Fields)
- Submit your abstract
You will receive a confirmation email on successful submission of the abstract. Your abstract may be updated at any point before the submission deadline by resubmitting it; the last submitted version will be used for review purposes.
A template of the abstract format is available here!
Submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is presented during the conference by one of the authors (main or presenting author).
And remember that there is an open call for VGC 2023 Special Issue for the PFG – Journal of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Geoinformation. More information here.
Type of comunications
All oral presentations will take place in the Biosciences Auditorium. Presenters should meet with the lecture room assistant prior to the start of their session to upload presentations to the lecture room computer. It will be possible to use personal laptops. Please allow extra time before the session for setup and testing. Presenters should also check-in and introduce themselves to the Session Chair.
The lecture room will be equipped with:
– Laser Pointer
Presentations should be prepared as PowerPoint or PDF with a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Preparation of Posters
A maximum surface of 72” by 72” will be available for poster display. It is recommended that presenters prepare their posters in Landscape orientation A0 in size (841 x 1189 mm / 33.1 x 46.8 in). Push pins for attaching posters will be available at the conference venue. Posters should be setup during the coffee break prior to the poster session. Presenters may also hand out information sheets.
Posters should be prepared and printed in advance of the conference with print large enough to be legible from 1-2 m away. Short concise text, bullet points, charts, illustrations, and pictures are encouraged.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions about abstract topics or document preparation and submission!