VGC 2021 will include:
- Oral presentations, and potentially PICO presentations depending on the schedule, for scientific presentations. The PICO presentations allow demonstrations (software, database) but in this case, a short description of them must be included in the abstract.
- Oral presentations plus an Interactive Presentation slot: for showing technological developments, particular database, etc. This formula may be converted into a PICO presentation depending on the schedule.
- Booth Interactive Presentation: for industrial demonstration of technological tools or software.
A short abstract file including a description of the demonstration
|Types||Options||Slots||Full session audience||Breakout rooms||Submission requirements|
|Scientific presentations||Option #1||Oral||15mn presentation including questions||Abstract file|
|Option #2||PICO||3mn presentation||Presentation and discussion with attendees or software/database demonstration||Abastract file
If software, database, etc. demonstrations, a short description must be included in the abstract
|Option #3||Oral||15mn presentation including questions||Abstract file
A short description of the software/database demonstrations must be included in the abstract.
In the comment area, specify “Interactive slot” request
|Interactive presentation slot||3mn presentation||Software/database demonstration|
|Industrial technological presentations||Option #5||Booth Interactive Presentation||3mn presentation||Software/technological tool demonstration, etc.|
- The Oral presentations will be organised into specific sessions in the conference programme. Oral presentations are allocated 15 minutes including questions.
- The PICO presentation: a Flash presentations (3 slides) to the conference audience with an associated “Breakout rooms” scheduled in the conference programme. Attendees may move from room to room and discuss with the authors.
Authors indicate their preference during submission between these both formats.
- In addition to an Oral presentation, an Interactive Presentation slot may be requested to give presenters the opportunity to showcase specific software they have developed, database platforms, spectacular database, etc. It includes as for PICO: a Flash presentations (3 slides) to the conference audience and an associated “Breakout rooms” scheduled in the conference programme. Attendees may move from room to room and discuss with the authors. At the “Breakout rooms“, the presenters can show videos or showcase software, spectacular database, etc. The abstract for Oral + Interactive Presentation must include a short description of the scheduled demonstrations or videos. You must specify in the comment area that the authors request an Interactive Presentation slot, while submitting the abstract file.
- Finally, a Booth Interactive Presentation is proposed to allow industrial presentations of particular technologies (Lidar, etc.) or software. It includes as for PICO: a Flash presentations (3 slides) to the conference audience and an associated “Breakout rooms” scheduled in the conference programme. The abstract for Booth interactive presentation must correspond to a short description of the scheduled demonstrations.
Step 2: Registration
Step 3: Abstract submission
Step 4: Submission - Metadata
Step 5: Submission - Authors
Step 6: Submission - Authors (2)
Step 7: Submission - File(s)
Step 8 : Submission - Overview
Guidelines for abstract preparation and submission
Important information: before submitting an abstract, you must create an account on sciencesconf.org.
Please submit your abstract (300-500 words, plus illustrative figure(s), fitting on max 2 pages A4) formatted according to the mandatory template document. Accepted abstracts will be compiled into a proceedings volume and distributed to delegates. Please observe the following points when preparing your abstract:
- Use the template document provided to ensure consistent formatting, and compile your abstract with title, author(s), author affiliation(s), keywords and abstract body.
- Abstract text should be 300-500 words in length and may include 1-2 representative figures to illustrate your submission. Max two A4 pages. If Interactive is chosen, please give a brief description of the envisaged demonstrated developments.
- All co-authors should be included in the abstract text.
- Fill in the abstract submission form.
- If the presenting author is not the main (first) author, please indicate this in the abstract submission form.
- Select your preference for Oral, PICO, or Booth Interactive Presentation.
- Use the comment area:
- to specify particular information about your submission.
- to request an additional slot for Interactive Presentation. In this case, the abstract must include a short description of the scheduled demonstrations, etc. Depending on the programme schedule, this formula could be converted into a PICO presentation.
- Upload your file and choose Submit.
You will receive a confirmation email on successful submission of the abstract. Your abstract may be updated at any point before the submission deadline by resubmitting it; the last submitted version will be used for review purposes.
A template of the abstract format is available here!
Submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is presented during the conference by one of the authors (main or presenting author).
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions about abstract topics or document preparation and submission!